Marine Inspection and Logistics (Far East) Sdn. Bhd. is a subsidiary of: Marine Inspection and Logistic International (Rotterdam) B.V
Our profile as follows:
Accredited authorities :
Metal Recycling Federation (MRF)
Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI)
Bureau of International Recycling (BIR)
Our USA Office, Marine Inspection and Logistics (MIL), is located in Point Pleasant Beach NJ – USA.
FAR EAST OPERATIONS
HISTORY AND ORIGIN
Where it all Begin
In November 2001, Mr. John Monticello and Mid-Ship Marine formed Marine Inspection and Logistics, LLC. (M.I.L.), one of the most professional cargo inspection and surveying companies in the United States. During this time, M.I.L. has grown considerably and now has regional offices in the USA in New Jersey, Savannah, New Orleans and San Diego and Global offices in China and Istanbul. Collectively M.I.L. surveyors are attending approx. (120) ships and (200) barges each month.
Since December 2006, Mr. Ivo Dolk (leaving the Alex Stewart Assayers Group of companies as General Manager) formed a partnership with Marine Inspection and Logistics, LLC., establishing Marine Inspection and Logistics International (Rotterdam) B.V. , expanding the services into North/Middle and South-Europe, Scandinavian-countries, Baltic-countries, Middle-East, S.E. Asia and Far-East.
January 1st 2010 Mr Rob van der Palm joined MIL International (Rotterdam) BV as Managing Partner. Mr Rob van der Palm was globally full time involved in steel scrap inspections and marine surveys for more than 19 years and besides that he was additionally involved in processing steel scrap for more than 10 years. All together his experience in steel scrap is therefore approx 29 years and Mr Rob van der Palm is globally known as one of the most experienced experts in the field of Steel Scrap and Marine Surveys.
Our main activities include the inspection of 300,000+ MT of Finished Steel, 2,0 Million MT of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap and 200.000 MT of DRI/HBI products each month.
In addition we are also involved in the surveying / inspection of Bulk Commodities such as Cement, Sulphur, Soda Ash, Mineral Sands, Vermiculite, Ferro Alloys and other industrial minerals. Our surveyors are also qualified to perform Draft Surveys, “On-off” Hire Bunker Condition Surveys, Port Captain / project cargo supervision, vessel & cargo damage surveys and bulk stockpile and commodity audits. Marine Inspection and Logistics International (Rotterdam) B.V. (MIL Int’l Rdam B.V.) is highly experienced in the sector of HBI/DRI and Steel Scrap cargoes. For these commodities we are performing ;
- Pre-shipment inspections
- Vessel suitability survey’s,
- Loading supervision covering; Quality inspections, supervision to safe storage, handling and loading of DRI/HBI (in accordance with IMO-regulations), Nonradioactivity checks and non explosive inspections.
- Initial / Final Draft-survey’s
- Super-cargo attendance during voyage of DRI shipments (in accordance IMO-regulations).
IN Over 10 Countries
Regular clients for whom we are performing these various inspections for the mentioned commodities are ;
- Thyssen Sonnenberg Recycle (TSR/HKS)
- AST Amsterdam Scrap Terminal
- ECORE Group
- Belgian Scrap Terminal
- Galloo Group
- Kuusakoski Group Oy
- H.J. Hansen Recycling Industry A/S
- Stena Metall AB
- European Metal Recycling Ltd (EMR)
- Sims Metal Management
- Ward Recycling
- Sims Metal Management
- Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
- Metro Metals USA, LLC
- PNW Metal Recycling LLC
- Izmir Demir Celik (IDC)
- Bastug Metalurji Sanayi A.S
- Qatar Steel Company (Q.S.C.)
- Emirates Steel Industries
- United Steel – Kuwait
- SULB Company BSC
- Jindal Shadeed – Oman
Malaysia & Singapore
- Holcim Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- ISB Kuari Kota Tinggi Sdn. Bhd.
- Mitsui & Co. (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Mitsui & Co. (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd.
- Ceramic Material Supply Sdn.Bhd
- Productive Summit Sdn. Bhd.
- Amsteel Mills Sdn. Bhd
- Antara Steel Mills Sdn Bhd
- Benline Shipping
- Kim Hock Corporation Pte Ltd.
- Lee Metals Pte Ltd
- Loza Marine Consultancy